Christian County, Illinois
Posted Queries for February thru March 2000
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- HARPER, WINGET
on Tuesday, February 1, 2000
I am interested in any information for Martha Adeline HARPER who married Luther WINGET in Christian County, Illinois in 1843.
- NEWELL, WILCOX
on Tuesday, February 8, 2000
Hello, In the 1870 census, there is a Stephen Henry WILCOX who lives near Blue Mound, IL in Christian Co. Living with him is his mother, Harriet (NEWELL) WILCOX. I've lost Harriet between the 1850 Census (where she is shown with her husband Stephen WILCOX living in Sangamon Co, IL) and 1870. My hunch is that she moved to Christian County following Stephen's death in 1858. Any information that I can find to confirm this hunch would be most appreciated. Thanks!
- LEWIS, MYERS
on Saturday, February 12, 2000
Searching for decendents of Henry C.and Sarah C. MYERS LEWIS. Married in Macon Co, IL 1863. Henry from Harrison Co. KY. Family lived in Mt. Auburn Township in late 1800s and listed in Niantic Township Macon Co. IL in 1900 Census. Children were: Charles H., Alpheus, Mary
Eliza, Iva, Lucinda, Perry and Rachel.
on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
I am looking for the NAVE family who was residing in Christian County for the 1850 census. They arrived from East Tennessee about 7 years prior to the census. William age 41, Jane age 41, Thomas age 20, Martha age 18, Mary E. age 15, Godfrey age 12, William A. age 10, Margaret age 8, James age 6, Henry age 5, Isaac age? (Couldn't read) and Willa A. age 6 months.
on Friday, February 18, 2000
RAUGELIS, Julius, Michael, William. Julius lived in Pana, Michael in Moawequa, William in Assumption and Springfield. William died in 1913 in Assumption. He was
a miner and saloon owner. His brother Julius died in Pana in 1921, also a miner, and Michael died in the mining accident in Moawequa in 1932.
on Monday, February 21, 2000
I'm looking for information on Peter LOGSDON. What I know is that he died in Christian Co, IL in 1850 at the age of 80 years. That sounds like cemetary information to me. Can anyone confirm that with details?
- ISHMEL, PULLUM
Haliday M. Pullum
on Wednesday, February 23, 2000
Looking for any information on . Joseph Solomon PULLUM was born 14 Feb 1858 in Moweaqua, , Illinois, U.S.A. He married Charity Melon ISHMEL on 17 Nov 1882 in Christian, Pana, Illinois, U.S.A.
- CRIPPS, LOLLIE
on Tuesday, February 29, 2000
LOLLIE / LOLLEY-Looking for descendents of Lollie's or Lolley's. My great grandfather was a LOLLIE who married a CRIPPS. They migrated from IL to AR around the 1900's. They had 3 sons - Samuel, Gilbert Stahl, and Jack. The mother and sons eventually migrated back to IL. Any Info is most helpful. Thank you
- ALDERSON, CRYSLER, HAGLER
on Saturday, March 11, 2000
Looking for information regarding Dr.John ALDERSON of Pana,Illinois, wed Maude CRYSLER - had children: Elizabeth,Mary and John Joseph. Children were born in the early teens. Looking for information regarding Dr.John Alderson's parents- also Dr.John ALDERSON who wed Elizabeth HAGLER.
- BLACKBURN, DAVIS, WHITMER
on Sunday, March 12, 2000
Looking for information on the WHITMER - DAVIS surnames in Christian Co., IL. Elizabeth WHITMER married William J. DAVIS on Jan. 10, 1869 in Christian Co., IL. Their son Harry Elwood DAVIS married Ethel R. BLACKBURN on December 8, 1891 Christian Co. The County Clerk during this marriage was Charles WHITMER. Charles held this office from 1877-1893. We are trying to determine if Charles and Elizabeth WHITMER were related.
- BESS, SIDES
on Wednesday, March 15, 2000
Looking for possible evidence of the presence of Christian or Christopher BESS in Christian County prior to 1869. Mr. Bess married Lydia A SIDES in Nokomis (Montgomery County) in 1869 but may have resided in the Pana area prior to that.
- BEERY, NICHOLS, SMITH
on Tuesday, March 21, 2000
Iam looking for any information on my grandmothers family. Her name was Leta Margaret SMITH BEERY. I believe she was born in Assumption and later moved to Patoka Ill. Her father was Jefferson SMITH and her mother was Ora Etta NICHOLS SMITH. In addition to my grandmother Leta Margaret, there were 2 sons, Claude SMITH and Russel SMITH. I have no other info to go on, so anything will be appreciated...elise
- BEERY, NICHOLS, SMITH
on Saturday, March 25, 2000
I am looking for any information on my great grandparents. Their names are Jefferson SMITH and Ora Etta NICHOLS SMITH. I know that they lived in Assumption as my grandmother Leta Margaret SMITH BEERY was born there. The family later moved to Patoka, Ill. This is all I have to go on at the moment. Any info appreciated!!!!
- DISNEY, EVERMAN, RULE, VALENTINE
on Sunday, March 26, 2000
Looking for Information on John Ambrose RULE 1875-1958 married Grace DISNEY. Grace died giving birth in 1920, she is buried in Riverside cemetery in Illiopolis IL. They had one child Rosella Ann Rule. She was rasied by a family in Mount Auburn we think the name was Shetren or something like that. John's last wife's name was AdA____. maybe VALENTINE.Rose RULE married Kenneth EVERMAN. Any information would be appreciated.
- BAILEY, BAILIE
on Thursday, March 30, 2000
Searching for information on the BAILIE family. Clifford F. BAILIE (b. 1898 in Millersville, IL) married Audrey BAILEY (b. 1898 in Brazil, IN) and had one son: Clifford Francis BAILIE (b. 1922 in Hammond, IN), my wife's father.
- COLEMAN, KOONTZ
on Friday, March 31, 2000
KOONTZ, Margaret Kelley
COLEMAN, F. M.
KOONTZ, Mary Etta Coleman
KOONTZ, George Albert
I am looking for information on the above people. George and Margaret Kelley Koontz are my great, great grandparents. George Albert and Mary Etta Koontz are my great-grandparents. My grandfather was Clarence Koontz, from the Keyesport area. George and Mary Etta were married in Pana on July 1, 1890. George was an only child and was originaly from Valley Park, Mo. His parents were deceased at the time of his marriage to Mary Etta. His other children were Jessie, Lillie, Charles and Leonard. George and Mary Etta are buried at the Noffsinger Cemetery in Bond County, Il. Any information such as where they are all buried and when they died would be greatly appreciated.
- Surname Register and Query Index: A thru B, C thru D, E thru H, I thru M, N thru R, S thru V, W thru Z
- Researcher Profiles: A thru B, C thru F, G thru J, K thru M, N thru R, S thru S, T thru Z
- Queries for October 1996 thru January 1997
- Queries for February thru April 1997
- Queries for May thru August 1997
- Queries for September 1997 thru January 1998
- Queries for February thru March 1998
- Queries for April thru May 1998
- Queries for June thru July 1998
- Queries for August thru December 1998
- Queries for January thru February 1999
- Queries for March 1999
- Queries for April thru May 1999
- Queries for June thru July 1999
- Queries for August thru September 1999
- Queries for October thru November 1999
- Queries for December 1999 thru January 2000
- Queries for February thru March 2000
- Queries for April thru June 2000
- Queries for July thru August 2000
- Queries for September thru November 2000
- Queries for December 2000 thru January 2001
- Queries for February thru March 2001
- Queries for April 2001
- Queries for May thru June 2001
- Queries for July thru August 2001
- Queries for September thru October 2001
- Queries for November 2001 thru January 2002
- Queries for February thru March 2002
- Queries for April thru July 2002
- Queries for August thru October 2002
- Queries for November 2002 thru March 2003
- Queries for April thru August 2003
- Queries for September thru November 2003
- Queries for December 2003 thru February 2004
- Queries for March thru July 2004
- Queries for August 2004 thru January 2005
- Queries for February thru May 2005
- Queries for June thru November 2005
- Queries for December 2005 thru May 2006
- Queries for June 2006 thru May 2007
- Queries for June 2007 thru May 2008
- Queries for July 2008 thru December 2010
- Queries for March 2012 thru March 2014
For questions about this page contact
Morgan Edward Johnson at [email protected].
Queries last updated (A lapse in updates may be because no new queries have been received.)
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper, an application written by Patty Lindsay.