Christian County, Illinois
Posted Queries for October 1996 thru January 1997
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- ADAMS, BAYS, BILYEU, BRUMLEY, CECIL, ELLISON, HANLEY, JACOBS, LAWRENCE, MILLER, PALMER, REED, ROBINSON, SALTKILL, SEMMON, STORKEY, TILLEY, VANAKEN, WHITE, WORKMAN
on Thursday, October 10, 1996
Looking for researchers with the following surnames who were in Christian County, Illinois. BILYEU - main line. Surnames of people who married into Bilyeu family: BRUMLEY, ADAMS, WHITE, CECIL, ELLISON, SALTKILL, WORKMAN, SEMMON, REED, JACOBS, TILLEY, VANAKEN, MILLER, STORKEY, ROBINSON, HANLEY, LAWRENCE, BAYS, PALMER
David M. Strawser
on Friday, October 11, 1996
I am looking for any information on the WEBB family who are listed on the 1880 census of Christian County living in Mt. Auburn Twnsp. H.C. WEBB age 48 born in Ohio, Martha A. age 45 born in W.Va (Va.). Children as follows: Mary age 17 born in IL, Jno. E. (son) and E. S. (daughter) twins age 12 born in IL, Harry W. age 4 born in IL, Louella age 3 born in IL, my grandmother. I have been able to find no previous census data. I have access to census information but do not have any indexes. I am able to track my grandmother after 1900 but none of the rest of the family. I could really use, and would truly appreciate, any help.
on Tuesday, October 15, 1996
I am searching for WILLS in Christian County about1850 - 1880. William WILLS b abt 1828 m Mary ? b abt 1858, Matilda WILLS b abt 1858, James WILLS b abt 1861, John WILLS b abt 1865, Mary WILLS b abt 1870, Della WILLS b abt 1874. Any information regarding their family or ancestors would be appreciated.
- FORTNER, KEISER, PEEL, RICHARDSON
on Sunday, October 20, 1996
FORTNER, RICHARDSON, KEISER, PEEL, & McDONALD families who lived in and around Moweaqua and Stonington. Have condiderable data on these families and always seeking more.
- COX, OFARRELL, PARE, REILLY, SOMMERS, SWIM, WATT, YONKER
George & Faye Cox
on Saturday, October 26, 1996
Allen COX b 1852 Ind. d 1903 Pana, Illinois - was a miner, buried in Calvary Cemetery, Pana, Illinois - married to Mary C. YONKER, b 1849, d 1930 Pana, Ill - also buried at Calvary. This couple had the following children: Fred, Nellie (m OFARRELL), William, John J. (married Grace ?), Sarah (m Geo. WATT), Minnie (m Smith SWIM), Winand Joseph (married Agnes PARE), Anna (m Joseph REILLY). Agnes PARE was the daughter of John & Margaret PARE, both supposingly buried in Taylorville - John PARE married a 2nd time to an Anna SOMMERS and they apparently had several children. John & Margaret had a son, Clarence in addition to Agnes. Any help would be appreciated. These two lines have elluded us for some time.
- CHAMBERS, KUHN, POTTS, ROE, TOLLIVER, WELLS
Morgan Edward Johnson
on Saturday, November 9, 1996
I am looking for any ancestors/cousins of the CHAMBERS family of Taylorville. Burditt Mayfield CHAMBERS and Lulu KUHN had three children all born ca. 1915 or so: Alberta Burdett (m Marvin Lamb POTTS), Kenneth Morton (m Norma Jane TOLLIVER ROE), and Harold Mayfield (m Mildred Elaine WELLS). Only Harold had descendants. I would like to find out about any descendants of siblings of the parents, Burditt and Lulu.
on Thursday, November 28, 1996
Christopher KETCHUM and Peter R. KETCHUM came to Christian County about 1825. Christopher was (I think) a preacher. He remained in Christian County for the rest of his life and is buried in Old Stonington Cemetery (d. Oct. 1851). Peter R. went to Texas about 1850 with 2 of his children - James and Green Berry KETCHUM. James was killed by indians in Texas. Green Berry moved to San Saba Co., TX and was the father of Thomas Edward "Black Jack."
- LANGLEY, PITTMAN, POTTS
on Monday, December 30, 1996
I would like any information available about Lenora A. LANGLEY b. 4/27/1848 d. 8/14/1876 m. George Dallas POTTS 12/5/1866, particularly cause of death. Also any obituaries of Robert Preston LANGLEY b. 5/17/1812 d, 4/18/93 or Minerva PITTMAN b. 4/1/1820 d. 10/1/1897.
- DUGGER, JOHNSON
on Tuesday, December 31, 1996
Seeking information on Soloman JOHNSON born in Taylorville, IL on Oct. 14,1836, m Minerva DUGGER. I believe his father's name was John (Isorn) JOHNSON and immegrated to the US from Wales. Solomon JOHNSON moved to MO somtime where he died in 1926. Please send info to Betty Russell 30 Flintlock Dr. Howell, NJ 07731
- GIMASSI, SANGALLI, TIMASSI
on Wednesday, January 1, 1997
I am looking for information on John SANGALLI, who married Gini GIMASSI or TIMASSI, sometime around 1916 or 1917. They had a son, Angelo SANGALLI, who was born in 1917 and died in 1928. John was a grocer in Tovey, leaving to return to Pekin shortly after the death of his son.
- EMMETT, KINNEY, WAGNER
on Wednesday, January 8, 1997
Would like to contact anyone who has WAGNERs in the Pana area. I have some elusive WAGNERs to track down--late 1800s through mid-1900s. Related names: KINNEY, EMMETT.
- DURR, PEEBLES
on Monday, January 13, 1997
Looking for info on the PEEBLES Family. Robert and Eliza (DURR) PEEBLES were in the 1860 Shelby Co, IL and in the 1870 Christian Co, IL census. Robert, 64, was listed as a wagonmaker. Eliza (53), Edes (19), James (23), and Elizabeth (12) were also listed in the household. Are they in the 1880 census? We have checked the soundex for Robert. No luck. If they are dead, where are they buried? Anything on this family would be appreciated!!
- BEEDLE, HUFMAN
on Saturday, January 18, 1997
I would like to contact descendants of Angeline, Alonzo, George, Joseph, Louis HUFMAN. They moved with their parents James Lewis Hufman and Catherine BEEDLE HUFMAN to Pana, Illinois from near Belville about 1864. Thanks for your help. Loren
- MILLIGAN, WIDICK
Ted Harry Wood
on Tuesday, January 21, 1997
Information on the Margart MILLIGAN born 1832 in Christian Co, Illinois. Married Joesph WIDICK moved to Saline Co, NE1880's.
on Sunday, January 26, 1997
I am looking for any info on any CAMERER folks from Christian County or actually from anywhere. Most of the CAMERERs are from Pike, Calhoun, and Green County, but I have reason to believe there may have been some folks here in the early 1800s. Any info given would be greatly appreciated. If I can help anyone, please feel free to contact.
on Tuesday, January 28, 1997
Obituary of Roy THOMAS died in Stonington, IL since 1990. I do not know the exact date of death. He is my grandfather - met him one time. I would like as much infomation as possible about him.
- MANSFIELD, MARSH
on Wednesday, January 29, 1997
Looking for William MARSH born about 1868. His marriage to Grace MANSFIELD was his 2nd marraige and it was in 1889 in Mapleton, IA. Marraige record shows he was 31 and born in Dane Co, Ill (now Christian Co, Ill). Is there any birth record for him. Would like to find parents, brothers or sisters. Any idea who his first wife was?
- Surname Register and Query Index: A thru B, C thru D, E thru H, I thru M, N thru R, S thru V, W thru Z
- Researcher Profiles: A thru B, C thru F, G thru J, K thru M, N thru R, S thru S, T thru Z
- Queries for October 1996 thru January 1997
- Queries for February thru April 1997
- Queries for May thru August 1997
- Queries for September 1997 thru January 1998
- Queries for February thru March 1998
- Queries for April thru May 1998
- Queries for June thru July 1998
- Queries for August thru December 1998
- Queries for January thru February 1999
- Queries for March 1999
- Queries for April thru May 1999
- Queries for June thru July 1999
- Queries for August thru September 1999
- Queries for October thru November 1999
- Queries for December 1999 thru January 2000
- Queries for February thru March 2000
- Queries for April thru June 2000
- Queries for July thru August 2000
- Queries for September thru November 2000
- Queries for December 2000 thru January 2001
- Queries for February thru March 2001
- Queries for April 2001
- Queries for May thru June 2001
- Queries for July thru August 2001
- Queries for September thru October 2001
- Queries for November 2001 thru January 2002
- Queries for February thru March 2002
- Queries for April thru July 2002
- Queries for August thru October 2002
- Queries for November 2002 thru March 2003
- Queries for April thru August 2003
- Queries for September thru November 2003
- Queries for December 2003 thru February 2004
- Queries for March thru July 2004
- Queries for August 2004 thru January 2005
- Queries for February thru May 2005
- Queries for June thru November 2005
- Queries for December 2005 thru May 2006
- Queries for June 2006 thru May 2007
- Queries for June 2007 thru May 2008
- Queries for July 2008 thru December 2010
- Queries for March 2012 thru March 2014
For questions about this page contact
Morgan Edward Johnson at [email protected].
Queries last updated (A lapse in updates may be because no new queries have been received.)
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper, an application written by Patty Lindsay.