From: Sally Hathaway (SJHATHAWAY@aol.com)
25 Sep 2001
Rosemond Twp is located in the SE part of CC and it bounded on the N by
Locust Twp, on the E by Pana Twp, on the S by Montgomery County, and on the
W by Greenwood Twp. The township name was derived from the fact that
during the spring and early summer, the prairies of the area were covered with
wild roses. 1860 Buckeye Prairie is a part of Locust, Rosemond and Johnson Twps. Its earliest settlers came from Ohio, the Buckeye State.
Rosemond Grove Cemetery 1863
Big Four R.R.
Grant School (Mud School)
Rosemond First Congregational Church 1856
Rosemond Methodist Episcopal Church 1867
County Poor Farm 1870